HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Edgy,

My post on liberty was not to distract. There is no comparision of Liberty's deposit to the Eagles Nest.

What I tried to communicate was, in rough markets as we see today...Grade is King.

If the nickel price is low and your deposit is of a crappy grade and there are no other sweetener's like copper and platinum credits...you simply have to put the project on the shelf until the economics come back.

In the case of Noront, not only is the deposit a rich sulphide deposit ..there is the added bonus of the sweeteners like copper, platinum, which make this deposit even more valuable. Noront is not mining today. If they were,...due to the grade/sweeteners present at the eagles nest...they would still be making good money and would not be in the position that Liberty mines finds themselves in. Noront finds themselves in an enviable position...how many nickel mines can mine nickel at a cost of minus 71 cents?

New Message
Please login to post a reply