HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

I was driving home from work and I always listen to 680 news on the radio to check up on any current news, traffic, and business news.

Approx. 1.3 million folks listen to 680 news every day.

The drive home took me over an hour and I heard about Bob Rae over and over and over again while listening.

What was interesting was this:

If you listened to the radio you get this sentence spoken:

"Rae said he is leaving in order to focus on his new role as chief negotiator for First Nations."

Not one mention of the Ring of Fire. But..

If you go on their website (first time I've been there! ...you do get mention of the extended sentence including the words RING OF FIRE!)

I saw Scotia (Dundee ) advertising on their website at 680news and when I went into their website I notice the 680news business editor worked at the Toronto Stock Exchange.

It's funny how someone decided not to include the words RING OF FIRE in the RADIO version of the news ...the one that hits 1.3 listeners driving home in the Greater Toronto Area.

http://www.680news.com/2013/06/19/bob-rae-to-step-down-as-mp/

Former interim Liberal leader Bob Rae resigns as MP

The Canadian Press and 680News staff Jun 19, 2013 11:53:49 AM

Bob Rae, former interim Liberal leader and one-time NDP premier of Ontario, is resigning as an MP, winding up a political career that stretched over 35 years and two parties.

“It’s clear to me that it will take a lot more time and it simply isn’t possible to do both jobs at the same time,” Rae told the press.

Rae said he is leaving in order to focus on his new role as chief negotiator for First Nations in talks with the province about development of the Ring of Fire mining development in northern Ontario.

“This is going to be a major undertaking,” an emotional Rae told a news conference Wednesday in the foyer of the House of Commons.

“In order to continue my work as a lawyer and mediator and somebody who gets involved in conflict resolution both in Canada and elsewhere.”

The 64-year-old Rae’s unexpected announcement caps a political career that has spanned 35 years and two parties. It came after he privately broke the news to the Liberal caucus in what he described as a difficult moment.

“I have a passion for my work as a negotiator and for First Nations,” Rae said.

“When you make a difficult choice, you show your emotions.”

New Message
Please login to post a reply