HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: "Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."

When Alan Coutts was announced as new CEO two weeks ago, I thought this was good news, because selecting someone with this CV tells me that Noront indeed believes it will build a mine. In the two weeks since then, the sp has dropped by 20%. Does that mean anything? I suppose not:

When Noront published its positive feasibility study on September 5, 2012, I thought this was good news, because... I have seen companies that suddenly published a feasibility study saying that the outcome of the project would be nil (like Tower Hill Resources, whose sp saw a strong upmove in the time immediatly before that announcement). After the feasibility study, Noront's sp continued its downtrend without hesitation loosing over 20% in the months to follow, ultimately reaching its many-year-low at 0.22 without any major countermovement in between (i.e. down over 40% as compared to the time before feasibility).

When Baosteel acquired 10% of Noront on May 2, 2011, I thought this was good news because, simply, these guys were not supposed to be stupid and it's good to have them backing us. The sp continued its downtrend without any hesitation, and lost more than 50% over the months to follow. Since then, the sp has lost 70% as compared to the time before that announcement.

Such a long history of good news...

New Message
Please login to post a reply