HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

I was thinking today of Paul Semple's and Glenn Nolan's recent visit to Finland in Oct.31, 2013

I was also thinking about KWG's patent application to utilizing low cost natural gas with the Ring of Fire’s high-grade chromite

I also was thinking about the tweet I saw from a CBC reporter mentioning fracking as a way to get the LNG needed for KWG's process.

Yesterday BC came out with

"Premier Christy Clark announced Tuesday a massive liquefied natural gas project at Grassy Point, in northern B.C.

The new facility, to be called Aurora LNG, was created by an agreement between the B.C. government with Nexen, a subsidiary of Chinese state-owned CNOOC, and its partners, Japan's INPEX Corporation and JGC Corporation.

Clark said the agreement is so far worth $24 million.

Nexen CEO Kevin Reinhart said the company intends to build a top-notch LNG facility delivering "lasting economic and social benefits."

Then, I was thinking about this portion of Stan Studol's article recently:

"As part of Finland's regional industrial development plans, Tornio, located 25 kilometers south of the mine on the Gulf of Bothnia, was the location of the ferrochrome furnace. In 1976, a stainless steel plant was build adjacent to the ferrochrome furnace to optimize both energy costs and other economic efficiencies, and establish a fully integrated mining and manufacturing operation.

Not one pound of chromite ore leaves Finland before it is transformed into stainless steel!

Geological colleagues of mine confess that the chromite deposits at Kemi are not as rich or large as those in the Ring of Fire.

In fact, with only a few years of exploration drilling, the Ring of Fire is known to contain the fourth largest chromite reserves in the world after South Africa, Zimbabwe and Kazakhstan.

We have only started to "scratch the surface" due to the high cost of exploration in the region.

Why can't Ontario do the same as Finland with its much higher quality and larger chromite deposits?

And THEN,

I was thinking about this that came out yesterday:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/oliver-touts-benefits-of-eu-trade-deal-for-canadas-mining-sector/article15400456/

IN particular this juicy tidbit:

"Under current rules, most raw minerals can be exported to the EU without any duty. But value added products – such as steel and aluminum – get hit with tariffs, and these tariffs will be eliminated under CETA.

Oh my gosh ...to sum it up ...Canada could eventully KICK ASS in the production of stainless steel as a competitive low cost RELIABLE producer.The spin off jobs of this wonderful ring of fire discovery are beyond exponential and the focus on the ROF by all levels of gov't is understandable.. There is nothing bigger out there for Canada right now.

It's all coming together. Jobs Jobs Jobs and big social benefits.

I hope for the following:

I hope Noront and KWG join forces in some way. It sure would leave Cliffs out in the cold.

New Message
Please login to post a reply