HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Is rail or road the best choice for Ontario's Ring of Fire?

Clearly the rail is the best and only choice for the ROF (IMO) from a truly business and environmental perspective. Let’s face it, if it wasn't for the resource discoveries in the ROF the FN would have been neglected for several more years/decades, at best, continuing to live in what many have called an impoverished state. I say if any roads are to be built they should serve only as a network that starts and ends at the ROF or any N/S rail line. The roads should only go as far as to join with other significantly developed FN communities in the JBL region. The aim here is to promote regional traffic to move in and around the JBL, not to create a highway of sorts to the ROF that will only destroy its pristine nature.In time, hopefully this will spur local business developments in the area ranging from hospitality, hardware, food services, lodging (miners/tourists), hunting, fishing..... Don' t worry, the rail will be dedicated 99% of the time to the moving of resource materials, the other 1% will be made available to VIA rail or perhaps a private rail outfit to transport the locals, tourists and mine employees; track switching to separate lines in the ROF etc.

The FN must learn to accept this as a stroke of good luck and be thankful that the mining sector spent the time and money to go north searching for hidden treasure. It is unfortunate that greed should be their saviour here, but the fact is charity comes in many forms. Don't think that for one instant the majority of charitable organizations are just out there to simply give money away without making a buck or two for themselves; or three, or four...... I am sure many of the FNs are looking back at the mining companies with money signs in their eyes over all of this, just like many of us investors whose dreams are full of the riches the ROF has to offer; sorry guys if I let the secret out.

For now IMHO the simple plan is this:

1) Environment wins over money each and every time, but I am sure there is a solution here.

2) Give the FN what they want, but don't allow them to go overboard.

3) Once everyone is "All Aboard" on the mining train idea get that rail in as soon as we see pay dirt. Really, though, if the EA gives the ROF the thumbs up we should start the rail as soon as possible, using whatever temporary means to start mining as the rail path is established.Here’s a thought, how about doing what others have suggested, road to rail.Start with a N/S road and then slowly build the rail over top; sounds good to me.

4) Run the power from Pickle Lake, and fast. Run it along the proposed path a future road would take, but please for Canada’s sake don’t sink money into a road that will just end up getting destroyed, neglected and cost the tax payers billions.Not to mention all the greenhouse gas emissions and environmental disturbance from truck after truck after truck repeatedly ploughing through the pristine north.

5) Cliffs should not be allowed to come to the bargaining table until they can show the proper respect for a) our environment b) our FN c) our mining companies d) the Canadian people who pay taxes.Sorry Cliffs but your profit will come at your expense, not mine.Same goes for any other American company, unless they truly want to do business with Canadians.

4) Build all the roads you want, but only after you commit to developing the rail first; spend little money to make a ton of money. 2 billion is nothing when the tax revenue from mining and those employed directly or indirectly from mining will be more that 10 - 20 times that. The rail is an investment that will pay off and is the most effective way to move resources.

5) If a train goes full one way it should not go back empty. Meaning if you have roads to build and the mines are not in place to provide waste rock to build them then send the much needed aggregates north by train to unload to your 70 ton mining vehicles for local distribution. This should give many people much needed jobs (FN especially) and get the aforementioned roads in place. Who better to build roads then the locals. Besides, mining equipment is heavy so why send the bulk of it north by truck when you have used your head and put in a rail instead.

6) Keep it simple stupid.Don’t reinvent the wheel and don’t do what will have to be undone. Especially, if it is going to cost me as a tax payer twice as much to fix in the name of government stupidity.

Sorry, tired now. Brain still working, but eyes are closing.

GLTA Noront and KWG longs.

I hope to see the light soon at the end of this mining tunnel.

Tin Man.

New Message
Please login to post a reply