HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Here is a brief summary of what Bob Rae said today at the lunch meeting.

He spoke for about 30 minutes.

There were 250 people in attendance (sold out) as well as several members of the media.

He spoke about his role as a negotiator for the First Nations Groups, and how this is not a new or local issue, but one which is dealt with world wide.

He mentioned the success of Voisey's Bay and how the negotiations there went well and how there has been mutual benefit to companies and FN groups.

When he gave a progress report, he did not come out with any shocking or exciting news, as expected. He used the term "Regional Framework" several times. He was reffering to getting the 9 FN groups all on the same page. He did say that a lot of progress has been made, and that they are getting close to finalizing this framework. Right after that he made the predictable comment that even though he believes they are getting close, that he is careful not to committ to a timeline as he knows that is not practical.

He said the next important step would be working with these 9 groups about how infrastructure can best benefit them. He said 5 of the groups currently have no road access, and that 5 groups currently are not on the electrical grid. (he did not say if those were the same 5 communities)

He then spoke about how any agreements do not to benefit all sides, which everyone already knows.

The one positive thing I took away as a NOT shareholder was the importance he placed on Environmental Assessments. He mentioned a few times how important it was to get this right the first time, and how it is such a crucial step in this process. The fact that we are taking this step seems positive to me.

To my surprise, there were very few questions asked. I think some people were worried about asking a tough question infront of many of their peers.

A couple of the local FN Chiefs did speak up and the primary message was to thank Bob for the work he has been doing.

I am sure there will be some media releases with some more insight and quotes.

jonesy

New Message
Please login to post a reply