HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Kathleen Wynne’s Liberals set to release platform Sunday in Thunder Bay

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario_election/2014/05/22/kathleen_wynnes_liberals_set_to_release_platform_sunday.html

Kathleen Wynne’s Liberals set to release platform Sunday

Liberal Leader Kathleen Wynne says she will release her party’s campaign platform in Thunder Bay on Sunday.

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne has a frank lunch time Q&A session with the Toronto Star Editorial Board during her election campaign.

By: Richard J. Brennan Provincial Politics, Published on Thu May 22 2014

Photos View photos

• zoom

Liberal Leader Kathleen Wynne says she will release her party’s budget-based campaign platform in Thunder Bay on Sunday.

“It will articulate some of the details of the budget that people wouldn’t necessarily be aware of,” she told a Toronto Star editorial board meeting Thursday.

Wynne noted that the campaign document will not feature increased spending. Wynne will be also be in Thunder Bay to attend the northern leaders debate, one of two leaders debates being held prior to the June 12 election.

RELATED:

More on the Ontario election

Chris So / Toronto Star Order this photo

Talking to the Toronto Star editorial board Thursday, Ontario Liberal Leader Kathleen Wynne called the Progressive Conservatives' plan to eliminate 100,000 public sector jobs "shocking" and "unworkable.”

The northern debate will feature Wynne and NDP Leader Andrea Horwath. Progressive Conservative Leader Tim Hudak is unable to attend.

Wynne said the Liberal platform will include a pledge to balance the books by 2017-18 and make investments in job creation and social programs.

In a wide ranging hour-long interview, Wynne told the Star that the $1.1 billion gas plants debacle was a “huge mistake” that she promises won’t happen again and described Tory Leader Tim Hudak’s plan to fire 100,000 public servant ‎as “shocking.”

“I have apologized for those (scrapped gas plants) publicly. I have taken responsibility,” Wynne said.

“I am truly sorry that money was spent in that way,” ‎she said. “I will continue to make sure we do not make those mistakes again.”

Gas plants in Oakville and Mississauga were scrapped and relocated by the former Dalton McGuinty government at a cost of up to $1.1 billion to ratepayers.

Wynne refused to say whether she believed Hudak’s public sector job cuts announcement was a defining moment in the campaign, but did say, “I think what he is putting forward is shocking, I think it is unworkable.”

Wynne recalled that she got involved in provincial politics because of the “havoc” created by the former Progressive Conservative Mike ‎Harris government.

“There was a hostile ethos in this province that I think was absolutely the antithesis of the way Ontario should function,” she said.

Hudak was a member of the Harris government.

“If any thing there is a much clearer and starker choice than I might have expected by this point,” she said, referring to the campaign

New Message
Please login to post a reply