HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Is P3 the way to go for Ring of Fire Infrastructure?

Paliman,

You are quite right. It does not make any sense at all. Guilty as charged.

If I were to build them myself without interference from anybody (read FNs) then I would use the same corridor and build either the NOT proposed E-W route or the KWG Alternate E-W route, with both road and power transmission infrastructures on the same corridor.

The preference for the building the Alternate E-W road first was already discussed

- it would serve part (the northern portion) of the N-S service road;

- it would serve the two outspoken FN communities, Marten Falls and Eabamettoong and some other smaller group nearby (first).

But you would need to give the other FN communities, especially Weberquie, something. That something is the power transmission corridor from Pickle Lake to the RoF. It is assumed that the E-W road from Pickle Lake, as proposed by NOT, would be built later.

One logical way, as you suggested, would be to throw in the power transmission in the same Alternate E-W corridor, but other FN groups, e.g. Webequie and three others, from the N-W side would scream.

Well, it all political and mainly to find some balance (imperfect of course) to please different sets of people. At least, this way the RoF would have both services.

Any suggestions for getting it started?

goldhunter

New Message
Please login to post a reply