HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Thanks for that post Mynot.

I read through the comments in the facebook page you posted.

It's refreshing to see comments like the below from Brian Gelinas who is a Mining Coordinator at Wahgoshig First Nation. He has a job and knows the value it brings to his life and would like the same for others.

Brian Gelinas:

"Sea ports, mines, electricity, roads, rail,
Jobs, contracts, business opportunities.
All the young people I talk to, they talk about 'Driving nice cars, big trucks and having nice homes, they are sick of being poor, they will find their own balance bet
ween development and their environment', so 'Bring it on !', that's what I say!
The stars are starting to line up for us, it's time to get busy or get left behind and believe me there are a whole bunch of people like me and were not getting left behind."

Then, you get the foul mouth of Jennifer Wabano...A member of Peawanuck First Nation (also known as Weenusk First Nation)

Jennifer Wabano
"First of all, things are being moved way too fast. The consultation process is a huge mess, it's nothing more than a premature ejaculation. Will the issue of the consultation process be brought to the table? There's been enough secret back door deals between the chiefs and mining companies. There are still people who want to continue using their traplines, will their concerns be swept under the rug? NOBODY has yet done presentations on what the hexavalent chromium will do to our people...why is that? The only thing being presented is bullcrap "there will be zero impacts" from the mining reps. What plans are in place should there be a teain derailment on this propsed rail site? Recently, there was a derailment near a First Nation which spilled crude oil. I think having a rail go along the coast would lower the cost of living, but are the people being respected who have traplines out there? Whose traplines will the rail run through? This is where the consultation process is fucky. I don't understand Lawrence, how you could support the Ring of Fire, don't you know what it will do to our rivers? Money cannot and will not save us. And I'm still waiting....."
I bring her up for a couple of reasons ...... she's a member of Peawanuck First Nation
also known as (Weenusk First Nation)
Weenusk FN is one of 7 reserves in Ontario that the gov't is taking to court over not complying with the transparency act.
Wabauskang, Chapleau Ojibway, Fort Severn, Gull Bay, Kashechewan, Weenusk, and Whitesand First Nations were the First Nations in Ontario that had not complied by the time of press.
CBC news touted Jennifer as this Aboriginal Timmins College student worried about damage to grave sites
When you google the Wabano name....these Wabano folks appear to be living high on the hog....so much so...they don't want to be transparent!@
Jennifer Wabano is lucky to be able to attend College in Timmins ...paid for. Jennifer doesn't like secret meetings and wants EVERYONE consulted. I'd be embarrassed in her shoes.
The reserve she is a member of...wishes NOT be be transparent and needs to be taken to court because they do not want to show the public how they spend taxpayers funds.
They don't want to be transparent with tax payer money but she is not happy with the fact that only chiefs and gov't are meeting. Officials should go door to door at all reserves???
It also seems to me a job is not a priority for her...seems she's living high on the hog ..herself...not worried about using 4 letter works on facebook....not worried about future employers seeing this sort of thing on facebook...once this Timmins College student..graduates.....
I wonder what she is in College for at Timmins. It seems she's anti JOB.
With her hate for Industry and her foul mouth...a job after graduation doesn't seem high on her list.
Seems see has no respect for other folks on the reserves...the real poor... without that Wabano name...with family in the Band....that want a job and prospects for the future.

• Georgina Wabano | LinkedIn

Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada - ‎Band Council at Weenusk First Nation
    Georgina Wabano. Band Council at Weenusk First Nation. Location: Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada; Industry: Government Relations ...
  • Ontario, Canada; Industry: Individual & Family Services ...
  • Board of Directors | Weeneebayko Area Health Authority

www.weeneebaykohealth.ca/board-directors
    • Mike Wabano - Weenusk First Nation (Peawanuck). Luke Gull - Weenusk First Nation (Peawanuck). Dorothy Wynne - MoCreebec Council of the Cree Nation.

New Message
    Please login to post a reply