HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: LNG venture offers $1-billion for aboriginal consent

Edgy: "For the 3,600 members of the Lax Kw’alaams community, the total package works out to a value of roughly $320,000 per person." And they reject it?

I read the other day that the Norwegian Oil Fund is now at 6,000 billion NOK (that's about 1,000 billion CAD), the biggest sovereign fund in the world.

The Oil Fund was established in 1990, so now after 25 years each of the 4.4 million Norwegians have a stake worth 223,000 CAD, so I guess being the richest 'nation' per capita on the planet isn't good enough (I know I'm simplifying things here for the sake of argument, so forgive me)??

Some time ago, I made a little calculation on the premise that half the NOT claims were handed over to the Mattawa as a good will gesture to get the RoF going. My premise was that NOT would be a $5 billion market cap company in 25 years, and in that case each native would get approx. $600,000, as a 'nation' making them twice as rich at the richest nation on the planet. And they wouldn't even have to work (or invest) for it...

But here's the catch, the Norwegians don't get any money from the Oil Fund. They are saving all the money for the future, after the flow of oil dries up. And as far as I know the money won't be used eg. for pension payments, but rather for public infrastructure and so on.

I wonder if you could strike a similar deal with the FN??

GLTA us NOT longs DRA

New Message
Please login to post a reply