HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

A few links for some interesting reading.

http://www.firstpointminerals.com/s/NewsReleases.asp?ReportID=722143&_Type=News-Releases&_Title=First-Point-Minerals-to-Re-establish-100-Ownership-of-Decar-Project

http://www.kaiserbottomfish.com/s/Trackers.asp?ReportID=699886

So, Cliffs announces today they will sell their 60% stake in First Point Mineral's ...Decar Project. This makes First Point a 100% owner of the Decar Project in British Columbia.

Some interesting info on Decar:

http://www.firstpointminerals.com/s/PresidentsMessage.asp

The CEO & President of First Point Minerals is James Gilbert...Formerly Senior Management at Rothschilds.

John Gammon is a Director at First Point Minerals and was a former director at Probe Mines.

=======================================================

From the 2nd link...the Kaiser link....my favorite part (especially the bolded parts) are:

"Nickel confounded the market in 2006-2007 with its spectacular price rise to $24/lb after several years of record low nickel warehouse stocks. As the annual supply chart above shows, speculators had the right idea, for nickel output has grown 49% from a 1,763,000 tonne peak in 2007 to a 2,630,000 tonne peak in 2013. What speculators did not understand was that China had figured out a way to make a lower quality stainless steel by feeding their mills with nickel-pig-iron rather than the refined nickel produced by laterite and sulphide derived nickel producers. The Chinese also happened to have spare blast furnace capacity and figured out that if raw laterite ore were imported from Indonesia and the Philippines they could cheaply produce nickel pig iron. The result was a dramatic surge of nickel production that put Indonesia and Philippines into first and second place, displacing Russia, Canada, Australia and New Caledonia. The party ended in 2014 when Indonesia went through with a ban on the export of raw ore that resulted in a 50% decline in Indonesia nickel production during 2014. Nickel prices initially surged in 2014, but settled down as LME warehouse stocks climbed to record levels. One would have expected nickel prices to fall further, but underlying demand growth is strong, and the destocking of raw laterite ore that China had piled up ahead of 2014 is expected to end in 2015. There is also concern that the Philippines may also introduce an export ban, though a more likelier scenario is that the Philippines' supply growth has stalled, in part because of concern that saprolite strip mining is having a negative environmental impact. The consensus among nickel market forecasters is that by 2018 the nickel market will be in deficit again and the world poised for a repeat of the 2006-2007 nickel price spike. Unlike the copper situation where there is an inventory of large copper deposits with a grade that is marginal at today's copper price, there is not a large inventory of big laterite or sulphide nickel deposits that could be quickly pushed into production"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I read all these links,...my head was spinning a bit. I thought about how some folks are so "lucky."

I mean for instance the folks at Resource Capital Funds who were founded by founded by ex-Rothschild Group executives, James McClements and Henderson Tuten.

Gosh they are lucky.

Casablanca Capital wins a proxy battle at Cliffs and the ROF chromite gets put up for sale.

Lucky Noront/RCF gets this valuable property.

Today...the same folks at Casablanca decide to sell off the 60% of the Decar property and now First Point Minerals owns 100% of it, making the CEO James Gilbert a former senior Manager at Rothschild very happy I am sure.

And according to the Kaiser article...there is a good possibility of seeing some very good nickel prices right around the time that Noront is expected to mine.

I keep thinking about this part of the Kaiser article:

"The consensus among nickel market forecasters is that by 2018 the nickel market will be in deficit again and the world poised for a repeat of the 2006-2007 nickel price spike. Unlike the copper situation where there is an inventory of large copper deposits with a grade that is marginal at today's copper price, there is not a large inventory of big laterite or sulphide nickel deposits that could be quickly pushed into production"

hmmm....."there is not a large inventory or big laterite or sulphide nicke deposits that could be quickly pushed into production."...

Interesting word .....inventory....

What if you could restrict supply even more? You could really make even a bigger killing.

To summarize:

-Sirius Resources (the one compared to Noront's eagles nest...recently sold for 1.8 billion)...has had takeoff agreements for the first 3 years of production (mid 2016-mid 2018) spoken for by 3 companies.

-First Point Minerals, CEO from Rothschilds can now do as he wishes since the company is out of Cliffs Claws.

-RCF put First Nickel into receivership on August 20 of this year.

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/localNews/2015/08/20-first-nickel-receivership.aspx

"Resource Capital Fund V L.P. issued a notice of intention to enforce its security under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and has put forward an application to appoint KSV Kofman Inc. as a receiver of First Nickel.

The application is being heard today in Toronto at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.

In law, a receiver is responsible for the property and assets of a company that has failed to meet its financial obligations, or has gone bankrupt.

The receiver may run the company in order to maximize the value of the company's assets, sell the company as a whole or sell part of the company and close unprofitable divisions"

===============================================

New Message
Please login to post a reply