HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

I regard Lawrence Martin as a motivated, energetic, smart, businessman.

When he was recently replaced as chief of Mushkegowuk, I wondered what he would be doing next. The link below shows his profile from linkedin.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/lawrence-martin/41/a0a/761

He is currently President at Wacheay Inc.

Wacheay Inc. - Networking Faciliator - Industry and First Nations
August 2015 – Present (2 months)

Introducing Industry to the leadership of First Nations across Canada. Developing relationships and partnership opportunities.

Check out his job description when he was executive VP at SMRT

"SMRT can lead your exploration company through the consultation process in order to satisfy the "Duty to Consult" requirement. We will engage the Community on the company’s behalf and efficiently assess any concerns the Community may have. The success of this process lies in our ability to effectively facilitate these types engagements due to our intimate knowledge of the people, language, and the culture. There are times when communications between the exploration company and the Aboriginal Community may become stressed or breakdown. SMRT can help in reconciling that relationship so that positive communications resume and parties may move forward with their best interests satisfied."

Lawrence is obviously well versed in all the required steps of Duty to Consult.

I took another look at this pdf from Feb of this year. It's 9 pages and is an easy to read well done summary.

http://www.mushkegowuk.com/documents/feb2015_energyinfrastructurecorridorsummary.pdf

Of particular interest to me is page 5

geographical proximity to one of the world’s most inexpensive

source of hydro electric power generation / production

Hydro generators, including Hydro Quebec interested in meeting

with Mushkegowuk to investigate hydro transmission /

transportation scenarios from Quebec’s border

Recent political interest from Quebec and Ontario to consider the

potential to transport energy from Quebec to Northern Ontario

Its immediate proximity to the James Bay coast

The existing railway infrastructure currently to Moosonee

Federal: Will consider infrastructure application by FN and

proponent to Building Canada Fund

Its experience in developing corridor infrastructure -Five Nation Energy

transmission line

Mushkegowuk’s communities own the existing utility easement located

approximately 180 kilometers to the eastern boundary of the Ring of Fire

Mushkegowuk’s benefits from a “Unity” resolution amongst its communities for

the development of projects on its traditional territory

Mushkegowuk’s dedicated internal advisory team coordinating this initiative

Matawa communities are looking for ways to actively benefit and participate in

the regional development of their traditional lands

====================================================================

I thought about a few things..when reviewing this again.

I was thinking about another meeting between Wynne and Couillard regarding Hydro held Sept. 11, and wondered again about this Mushkegowuk proposal

And ..

I also noticed on page 5 of the Feb. Mushkegowuk pdf this :

"Federal: Will consider infrastructure application by FN and

proponent to Building Canada Fund"

I'm wondering if they applied to the Fed's. Are they in competition with the Wynne gov't application?

======================================================================

When the new Chief Jonathon Soloman, got elected and replaced Lawrence Martin...in Mid Aug..he came out blazin' "talks of stepping back from the ROF, and stating the former chief Lawrence didn't do enough consulting, vowing to consult with the people and chiefs of the council’s member communities more than his predecessor did....."

My favorite line of his :" I need to step back and review everything,” said Solomon. “I was involved as a facilitator during (the consultation) process and from that report, the overwhelming concern is the environment. Business opportunities were never the priority of the people we talked to. The questions were always: ‘What is this going to do to our water? What it this going to do to our land? What is this going to the animals?’

http://www.timminspress.com/2015/08/17/new-grand-chief-stepping-back-from-ring-of-fire

Martin Lawrence former chief was trying to create opportunities and this new Chief states "business opportunities were never the priority...it's land and animals...not jobs...

But recently ...this was reported. Please read the link and in particular keep in mind this is CBC....and then look at the 3 comments at the end to the story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/mushkegowuk-council-grand-chief-concerned-about-weeneebayko-s-21m-deficit-1.3212810

I can tell you that based on Martin Lawrence's background...he knew how to consult since he was VP of a company that was involved in this!

If you look at the 9 page pdf of the Muskegowuk infrastructure summary and go to the last page you can see the timeline and all the steps...nothing being rushed...no lack of consulting.

I have a feeling that Muskegowuk has an application with the fed's Build Canada Fund...and I have a feeling that the new chief is telling folks much like the 3 comments on CBC...if want a better standard of life, it's going to take some work and looking at opportunities that become available.

New Message
Please login to post a reply