HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Timmins one of four in the running for NorOnt plant

Ringer, my bet is on Timmins for the smelter.

Timmins will take a big hit when kidd creek closes in 2022.

AND,

The reclamation process...is a big liability for Glencore...notice 50 years to ....life...

"Companies apply for government reclamation certification when vegetation is mature, the landscape is self-sustaining and the land can be returned to the Crown for public use."

....with this is mind...I'm sure Glencore would rather see a smelter there...making money

http://www.timminspress.com/2016/11/16/kidd-doesnt-foresee-extension-of-mine-beyond-2022

But the closure activity in 2022 will commence shortly after closure and will run for approximately three years. It will obviously be a significant amount of activity with contractors and others involved. Exact number of employees, I can’t tell you,” he said, adding that Kidd will continue to be responsible for the reclaimed lands for a long time after.

We do retain the operation and the lease liability for the next 50 years, and probably for life. So Kidd will never walk away from this and nor will Glencore. The liability remains ours,” he said

New Message
Please login to post a reply