HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

The article states:

"Even if an alignment is chosen this year, the actual construction of a road could be years away once the federal and provincial environmental assessment (EA) process kicks in."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Noront from the beginning worked along side the FNs and the East west corridor was preferred. Noront's EA already included the preferred East West route. The terms of reference were approved June 22, 2015.

The Company included its preferred East-West access route”) in its EA in order to ensure the road project would be ready for construction when anticipated support is formally committed by the Provincial Government of Ontario, the Federal Government of Canada and other key stakeholders. The Company also stated that all comments regarding the EIS/EA will be considered prior to formal submission of the EIS/EA Report to the CEAA and MOE in 2014. 

The Company also announced that the federal environmental assessment process for the Eagle’s Nest Mine continued to progress, and that during the summer of 2014 additional environmental studies and samples were completed in response to requests from government reviewers. Comments were also received from several First Nation communities, and their concerns & issues are currently being addressed. The Company however continues to wait for the provincial government to approve its Terms of Reference (“TOR”) for the provincial environmental assessment process. Upon completion of the environmental assessments, the Company will process with the acquisition of the approvals and permits necessary to begin road and mine site construction activities, which were scheduled for a mid-2015 start. At the same time, the Company was advancing discussions with a number of First Nation communities, with the objective of negotiating Impact Benefit Agreements (IBAs) and community participation in the environmental assessment process.

http://norontresources.com/ontario-approves-terms-of-reference-for-noront-resources-eagles-nest-mine/

06/22/2015 12:02 EST

Post Link

Print

Allows Provincial Permitting Process to Advance for First Mine in the Ring of Fire

TORONTO, ON–(Marketwired – June 22, 2015) – Noront Resources Ltd. (“Noront”) (TSX VENTURE: NOT) has received a Notice of Approval from the Ontario Ministry of Environment and Climate Change on the Terms of Reference for its Eagle’s Nest nickel-copper-platinum-palladium project. The Terms of Reference, approved with a number of amendments, allows the company to move forward on the environmental assessment process (EA) for what is expected to be the first mine in the Ring of Fire.

Upon completion of the environmental assessments, Noront will proceed with the acquisition of all regulatory permits and approvals to begin access road and mine site construction activities.

New Message
Please login to post a reply