HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

I think it's important to remember that proximity to a location is not the ultimate metric for which any particular nation lays claim to any particular geographic territory.

For example, Nation #1 could be 50 kilometers east of a lake, and Nation #2 could be 100 kilometers west of a lake, but despite this, the lake could fall within Nation #2's purview.

This depends on several factors, of which geography is at best third or fourth in ranking.  Tradition and word-of-mouth by elders, current use, and other factors dictate which FN holds sway over any particular area.  If Nation #2 traditionally travelled eastward and hunted/fished that lake for many generations, whereas Nation #1 traditionally also hunted/fished to the east (away from that lake), then probably Nation #2 has a more legitimate history in the area.

In addition, there are areas that are contentious, where multiple FN's lay claim to an area, either in dispute or in harmony.

The oral tradition complicates matters.  We're not talking about something cut-and-clear like an Oracle database here, if any IT professionals would even dare to speak that highly of Oracle.

I don't claim to be an expert on these matters.  In fact, that's about as far as my knowledge extends, so I'll stop right now.  That's just my understanding of the way things work.

New Message
Please login to post a reply