HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Jul 05, 2018 03:07PM
Jul 05, 2018 04:23PM

How is it that the rest of Matawa is not involved in this recent Agoke Lumber Partnership.  It is afterall within the Matawa territories...Is it not?  Shouldn't all the communities of Matawa be involved, and benefit, from this partnership, and not just a select few.  Really does not fit the current business model that it would appear they are imposing on the Ring of Fire.  A model whereby all of Matawa is supposedly affected by any, and all, outside developement within the borders of their traditional lands. 

I stand confused.  Why have the rules changed all of a sudden?  Have they made any attempt to consult with Chief Wayne Moonias about this business arrangement?  I think he would have something to say....Don't you?  Again, I only say this because of the mutual reaction both he, and Chief Atlookan of Eabametoong shared with what they called the "Closed Door Approach" to the Ring of Fire discussions between Marten Falls, Webequie and Nabinamik.  So....my questions are: "Where was the rest of Matawa when this deal went down?", and "Why were no other communities irrate about only these three communities being involved in this deal?"  My guess is that in this case the internal borders of each community within the territories of Matawa are actually being acknowledged and respected, unlike the case with those that surround the Ring of Fire.....Strange how the rules change.

Yes....something does smell a little fishy.  Again, I think Grand Chief Fiddler should step in here as an arbitrator, since he seems to be the most knowledgeable about what "Resource Revenue Sharing" means.

TM. 

Jul 07, 2018 11:14AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply