HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Could you please provide me with the latest environmental assessment information on Noront's Eagle's Nest mine site within the Ring of Fire region.  I am puzzled as to why no update has been made available since 2015, and further to this why such a routine mine assessment is taking so long to be finalized.  Especially, when assessments for other mine sites and power transmission related projects (ex. Watay Power, http://spatialim.golder.ca/Final_EA/EA_DocumentList.html) in Ontario have taken a fraction of this time to complete; Eagle's Nest EA started 2011-11-01.

An environmental assessment should not take close to ten years to complete, and the public has a right to know why such a delay has been allowed to happen.  This is very peculiar, and for the most part questionable on many levels.

Please explain.

Sincerely,

Eagle's Nest Project

Ring of Fire (Ontario)

Reference number: 63925
Federal Responsible Authorities: Natural Resources Canada
Proponent: Noront Resources Ltd.
Environmental Assessment Commenced: 2011-11-01
Environmental Assessment Type: Transitional Comprehensive Study

Last Public Notice on Record:

Public Notice
Eagle's Nest Project – Federal Funding Allocated to Support Aboriginal Participation in Environmental Assessment

January 22, 2015  — The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency has allocated a total of $28,200 to Eabametoong First Nation to support its participation in consultation activities related to the environmental assessment of the proposed Eagle's Nest Project, located in Ontario.

This funding was made available to Aboriginal groups through the Participant Funding Program administered by the Agency, and will enable participation in upcoming steps of the environmental assessment, such as consultation related to the Environmental Impact Statement and the review of the Comprehensive Study Report.

For more information on the Participant Funding Program, the federal environmental assessment process and the project, please visit the Agency's website (Registry reference number 63925).

New Message
Please login to post a reply