HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

So sad to hear of the passing of Richard Nemis. A wonderful man with a vision that most would envy. The excitement of the ROF discovery and also of Windfall was in his eyes and they were bright with enthusiasm.

I will not soon forget when he attended the 3rd ROF Golf Dinner on Saturday Sept. 17th, 2011. I was busy collecting golf scores, greeting people and setting up the stage for my band Groovy Tuesday to play a few tunes, as many were streaming in through the door of the dining room after the golf had ended.

And then in comes Richard Nemis, with people all around him. patting him on the back, talking to him and smiling ear to ear. It was like a parde had entered the room. People rushed up to greet him. I went up to him and thanked him immediately for attending our annual event. Talk about star power - Richard had that.

What a treat to have him in attendance that day. I don't think Richard got much chance to himself that evening as people continually chatted with him. 

My wife and I know Jenni Nemis from her days at TSN working with my wife and she recommended that we invest in a little company called Noront that had a real good gold deposit called Windfall.  So we bought in on her advice. A few years later I think it was, Noront hit hole # 100 at Windfall  in Dec. 2006, hitting bonanza grades (1,800 gms per ton over 5 metres) and sending the stock up to 50 cents from a few pennies.  And then in 2007........Noront discovered holes #2 & 3 at Eagle and then the big one, hole # 5 that sent the stock spiralling (along with some other terrific drill holes) towards $6.50 a share. 

And I remember making several phone calls to shareholders and writing letters and posting in 2008, in defence of Richard at the hands of the dastardly Warren Irwn of Rosseau Funds, who was the culprit in having RN removed from the Board of Directors. Irwin dug up support to oust Richard and had the questionable Patrick F'N Anderson (formerly of Aurelian who allegedly screwed shareholders in the Kinross buy in), inserted as as the new President of Noront. Some of you may remember the meeting where Irwin showed up with bodyguards and many shareholders including  George of Agora were not allowed to enter the room. 

Richard became a champion instantly and the support for him was overwhelming from retail shareholders all over - from Toronto to Florida to Ucluelet on Vancouver Island to Webeque and all points in between.

Our heart goes out to Jenni and brother Richard and our deepest condolences on the passing of this great man, visionary and champion of mining, Mr. Richard Nemis. He will be remembered forever in mining circles and here at Agoracom. 

stratopod

New Message
Please login to post a reply