HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Each day that goes by technological advancements are being made in the field of mining to reduce both cost, and environmental impact.  In this paritcular case, since Noront anticipates crushing aggregrates, and ores, at their Eagle's Nest mine site this funding could help to reduce the energy and cost to crush the rocks they obtain from mining. If they have access to this technology then it could act to help them improve any furhter feasibility studies. Again, provided this technology that the article refers to is available for purchase prior to the Eagle's Nest mine going into operation.  Even though the mine should theoretically be close to openingby now, judging by past timeline assumptions, at least the upside is that the cost for Noront to mine is becoming cheaper and cheaper than they originally estimated...However, if we wait too long all of this could change overnight....So, chop chop

https://www.miningweekly.com/article/canada-funds-energy-efficient-crushing-technology-project-2019-08-30

Canada funds energy-efficient crushing technology project

30TH AUGUST 2019 

BY: CREAMER MEDIA REPORTER

SAVE THIS ARTICLE      EMAIL THIS ARTICLE

FONT SIZE: -+

Canada’s Natural Resources Minister, Amarjeet Sohi, has announced a $2-million investment in a Canada Mining Innovation Council-led initiative to develop technology that will reduce energy consumption at mine sites.

The project will aim to replace conventional crushers with technology that can reduce the crushing and grinding component of a mining site’s energy consumption by up to 50%, lowering costs by 30%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Crushing and grinding rocks into smaller pieces is the most energy-consuming activity in a mining operation.

This project is funded through Natural Resources Canada's Clean Growth Program, which invests in clean technology research and development projects in Canada's energy, mining and forest sectors. The programme is a C$155-million investment fund that helps emerging clean technologies further reduce their impacts on air, land and water, while enhancing competitiveness and creating jobs.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply