HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

BLEAF....Your absolutely right.... But the only way the Federal Government is going to listen to our Province is if Matawa truly decides to take the lead here.  So far I have seen them eager to become business partners, but not so vocal on Ring of Fire developement.  As of yet they have no real skin in the game.  The last thing the voting populous wants is to see  are more tax dollars being gifted to the First Nations to make amends for the past wrongs they have had to endure. Enough is enough.

If we truly want to help the First Nations we must see to it that they stand strong once again, and give them the self-governance they deserve.  There is no amount of money that will satisfy what was done.  To say that money will make things better, and that all will be forgiven, is absurd.  Besides, if you listen carefully you can hear the words respect, governance, reconciliation, partnering, and most of all, sharing being spoken.  Not gifting. That term has been replaced with funding, payment, assistance, and court settlement ....However, I have yet to hear the word "loan" mentioned; IMO.

The hold up here is this (IMO).....Any spending to go toward the Ring of Fire must be from money outside of both Federal and Provincial budgets.  These monies are meant for public projects, which the Ring of Fire does not represent.  The Ring of Fire is not a public project, regardless of its "National Significance".  It is a business venture...Plain and sweet. It is just a bonus that it has forced us to connect and reconcile with our remote First Nations of Ontario, and at the same time allowed us to begin addressing much needed Northern infrastucture. 

The reluctance I see here BLEAF is not that the money is not available from the Federal level...For it is.  Just look at the money being spent for the Watay Power Project...Price tag: 2 billion dollars.  Now the benefits of government funding for the First Nations involved in this project are self explanatory; stop pollution due to diesel generated eletricity, decreased public cost over the long run, and a more reliable power supply.  So really, Matawa just like the other First Nations of the Watay Power project is expecting a large degree of similar funding from the Canadian Goverment.  The only question is does it come in the form of a Watay Power project inclusion, a Building Canada Fund request, or some other form of "Financial Reconciliation" that sees them become partners in a project of "National Significance".  Anything the public won't question.

I think Trudeau is just waiting for the right moment, and the right excuse.

But...Like always....We will see.

TM.

New Message
Please login to post a reply