HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Re: Noront Resources : Second Amending Agreement to Support Agreement

PM,

If what you're saying should happen....

You said:

"I believe the above excerpt of the second ammending support agreement confirms ( my forecasted) Ontario 5 to 9% RoF/ Noront  investment ownership  within BHP/WYLO control/ownership final price offer.

....I can only see this being used as a means with which to allow Matawa, and possibly to a smaller degree Mushkegowuk, to gain ownership/partnership in Noront and the Ring of Fire. Similar to what was seen by giving First Nations a stake in Hydro One back in 2018....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4473126

.....First Nations in Ontario have acquired more than 14 million shares of Hydro One in a deal with the province aimed at creating wealth and promoting economic development in communities. The transaction worth nearly $260 million was finalized on Dec. 29 and officially announced on Jan. 2......

.......So, if Ontario uses tax dollars to acquire such a position in Noront I could only see it in turn being used to facilitate "Economic Development" for Matawa, and possibly Mushkegowuk, First Nations. Such a gesture by the province could turn the tide of opposition from those communities who feel they are not being consulted or treated fairly in respect to the benefits and financial gain the Ring of Fire has to offer. I think the key here is to try and attain a degree of happiness for all the First Nations involved. So what your speaking of cannot be ignored because it does in the end serve a purpose. How that should all come about and be implemented without public backlash remains to be seen, but I believe it must happen.

If not than derisking the Ring of Fire will be met with further delays that will keep Ontario from pursuing a dominant position on the North American, if not global, EV battery production stage. My thoughts are starting to align with a portion of the theory that you speak of. That the only way for Ontario to quell the opposition to the Ring of Fire is not only by paying for the environmental assessments and the roads, but also paying for the inclusion of the affected First Nations of both Matawa and Mushkegowuk to allow them to become partners, and owners, in the Ring of Fire's well of prosperity and riches.

Please.... Let's not be naive here...The opposition to the Ring of Fire lies not in any worry over environmental concerns, or the effects that mining may have over First Nation traditions, values, or their way of life. No one is trying to take that away from them. If anything I can only see these sort of things getting better through active First Nation involvement. Not worse. Their situation IMO is only getting worse the longer they delay the inevitable since the process has already started with both Marten Falls and Webequie. To seek to try to attain the best deal at all costs by these distant First Nations will only serve to deny every First Nation of any benefit at all. I agree with JP Gladu...Move on for the good of the many, because if you stop due the opposition of the few then everyone suffers.

I agree with your logic PM. Again...I just don't know how, or when, it will materialize. But I see it as a solution to our progress dilemma ...Our government must make a choice...  Either pay for First Nation inclusion... OR... Pay the price for listening to their minority opposition.

TM.

New Message
Please login to post a reply