HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: Progress or peril? First Nations in the Ring of Fire divided on infrastructure – and the mining development it would attract

Tu as vrai, mon ami. Viva la resistance.

Besides...They, the opposition, act as if the whole Ring of Fire is getting developed all a once, and that catastrophe of biblical proportions will follow....Please...We're talking about the start of one mine, and an eventual electric one a that. Every subsequent mine will go through the same rigerous environmental assessment as the Eagle's Nest and will be forced to go underground to minimize it's effects on the surrounding flora, wildlife and humanity. Notice how I said humanity. Remember, this is not the 1970's and as technology evolves so does the ability to mitigate pollution and increase effeciciency in design to accomplish the same tasks with less duration and intensity.

I have to laugh. All this talk of doom and gloom by these other First Nations out of the one side of their mouths and then jurisdictions and ownership over the Ring from the other. If you, my dear oppositionists, are so concerned about the environment than I guess your inclusion in any benefits from developing the Ring are a mute point. Therefore, if these environmental issues that you say you have can be overcome than everyone should expect you'll just walk away after the dust settles here. Leaving the fruits of the labour done by others as their reward, and not yours. No...I think NOT. You speak now over the threat of NOT being included, using whatever means possible to NOT be marginalized even though you're nowhere near ground zero. The effects to you would be no different than a ________ in the wind, and monitored a heck of a lot closer than the diesel fumes spewing from your 24/7 running electrical generators.

No...This can best be described as a ploy by those opposed to improve their positions in the beneficial hierarchy with a logic akin to taking the round peg and trying to shove it in the square hole when you know it doesn't fit. Making ground on any of the issues facing First Nations, the rest of Canada, and even the world requires steps forward. NOT back. I hate to say it, but you cannot live in the past, nor can you keep digging up old bones, without it affecting your future. 

Be honest with yourselves and know that change is coming that effects more than just yourselves and that no one wants to destroy Canada. No...We, Canada, are a responsible people who talk, talk, and then debate, debate...Then assess, assess before we do anything. After that we monitor, monitor to avoid any mistakes we made in the past. Why do you think now we are considering reconciliation with our First Nations. Why? Because we know it's the right thing to do...

And speaking of right things to do...We, as a country, have an obligation...and YES, an opportunity...to give the world what it needs to make our planet greener. The longer we wait the worse our situation will be because climate change is bigger than all of us...This includes our First Nations. So too is the threat of leaving the supply of raw materials from third world countries and those like Russia and China who have human rights issues and little to no concern over the environment. If we don't step up as a country to counter and discourage their lack of responsibility when it comes to resource development than we are letting both Canada and the world down when we could have done something. Every mine that is vetoed by First Nation under a responsible flag means another in a country with less concern for human life and ESG pops up in another...Just think about that. Again...If done responsibly your words and actions could help to save more than you think.

TM.

New Message
Please login to post a reply