Focusing on Bissett Creek Flake Graphite Deposit

Recently announced significant increase in estimated resources

Free

FYI

goldhunter

---------------SH post of 28 Aug 2013--------------

DPS,
Additional info can be found in the release of 14 May 2012, link below

http://www.northerngraphite.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/May-2012-testing-final.pdf

As far as incorporation of this process in the upcoming economics update, I have no definite information of what Greg Bowes will put in. But it would not be a surprise to see this discussed as a future option (be prepared, just like boy/girl scouts).

As I understand it, NGC would put emphasis on producing its Bissett Creek run-of-the-mill concentrates with high enough quality to sell at some good price to customers to make some reasonable profit.

In addition to this main stream, NGC has been doing a study to include another stream, the value-added one (e.g. spherical graphite), if there is a market demand for it. They want to be ready if/when the second option of this dual stream is required. It will cost more to produce spherical graphite for applications in high end batteries, but they will fetch premium price.

They can do this one-stop shopping for their customers and make the spherical stuff for them, using the concetrates from the Bissett Creek mill. Or, they could give the customers licences for using their proprietary process... and collect the royalty. Presumably, NGC could make some money by providing a service, i.e. using their process to make the spherical stuff using the customer's concetrates. This last bit is just me speculating, but it could be a profitable option for NGC.

Note that NGC seems to adopt the "walking before running" strategy, which is wise in my opinion. We will probably see that NGC would design the mill in modules (for about 20,000 tonnes/year) which are scalable (up, presumably) if higher production is required, say if the demand calls for 40,000 tonnes/year then they just double the number of modules. Additional space has been included in the floor plan (as I understand it) to accommodate addtional machinery, including perhaps equipment for further quality upgrading of the concentrates.

You may want to verify this with Greg to see if that's his plan for the upcoming update.
Cheers,
goldhunter

New Message
Please login to post a reply