Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: POET Response to: “Intel statement at IDF13 that Moore’s Law is not dead..."

Thanks Chris for the posting and to POET for being quite responsive to the current discussions both in these forums and in the industry.

One aspect that I would like some clarity on is the discussion of quantum effects. In the corporate presentations and in news articles/press releases such as the present one there is mention of quantum effects. More specifically, that POET has the possibility or capability of incorporating some sort of quantum assessment of a photon. No more detail is provided. At this point, it simply seems more like a buzzword thrown in there.

Is there more specific research that I have missed showing that you can manufacture quantum bits using POET and, most importantly, entangle them?

The sense I had was that POET offers one possibility for potentially achieving the grail of quantum computing but nothing has been achieved on that front ("real" quantum computing as opposed to adiabatic quantum computing such as DWave).

New Message
Please login to post a reply