Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

All well and good Ogee - but whatever the reason for the shift in focus(good or bad) - my take-away point is that even when a fully integrated, monlithic optoelectric chip is produced in the lab - we have still not (after 3 + years) validated that such a chip can be scaled up to commercial production. When I spoke with Dr. Taylor (very briefly)in 2011 he was confident the temperature problem would be solved in a few months. This was when the solar business was flying high and before the disastrous move to China - when cash was presumably available.

To my simplistic way of thinking, money would be better spent proving to potential suitors that once the chip is completed we could be up and running with full scale commercial production. The company has spent a lot of PR money to entice investors -who I believe would come if commercial scale production could be validated. Meanwhile, other potential technologies are taking their run at Moore's Law.

New Message
Please login to post a reply