Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Oct 12, 2013 12:29PM
Oct 12, 2013 01:57PM
Oct 12, 2013 06:19PM

bp124,

Thanks for doing this for us. I feel like if we all called IR more often - not to pester, but to get answers - we would all be able to endure this MS news drought more comfortably. I think many of us are still in Agudow-mode, thinking that IR is incapable of understanding POET. In my experience, things have changed and contact with IR has been very fruitful. I've notice the following changes:

• Chris finds the answer if he doesn't have it on hand. He contacted POET to find out about the p-channel and got the best answer possible.
  • IR is 2-way communication. When many shareholders express concern he will take the message back to management.
  • He advocates for both the shareholder and the company. If a shareholder is being unreasonable of obtuse (zincfinger comes to mind) he will react accordingly. He has also shared experiences where his company has severed the relationship with a company when they do not appear to be performing their duties towards the shareholders. Chris has said on multiple occasions that POET meets his standards in this regard. Even now as POET remains silent after the CP deadline came and went, Chris feels POET is acting reasonably responsible.
  • IR is independent of the company. When Agudow was doing the IR, she couldn't be trusted to perform her duties impartially. This is ignoring the fact that she was totally out of her element when discussing POET. She was more for the solar side. I have a feeling Grayling would drop POET like a hot rock if they started pulling the same crap as the old regime.

I know there is a diversity of opinion about IR and their role as a company rep. But for my money we are lucky to have an independent company willing to seek answers and express concerns on our behalf. We should all take advantage of this for our own sanity:)

Oct 14, 2013 01:42PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply