Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Jan 12, 2014 07:23AM
Jan 12, 2014 08:00AM
Jan 12, 2014 10:04AM
Jan 12, 2014 10:08AM

Jan 12, 2014 11:23AM

Turr,

May I give you my thoughts on manipulation.

Investors such as you and I and I suspect the majority on this board need the comfort of the share price rising steadily to hold our nerve. Most of us are deep into POET and have broken the rules of sensible invevestment i.e diversification.

The bulk of POET shares are held by insititutional investors who have deep pockets and short arms. in other words they can afford to wait as their investment is but a small portion of their portfoios.

The resaon there is manipulation is that they would like to get their hands on more shares and they believe that these can only come from the likes of you and I, the retail investors who can get nervous from time to time when a black thought enters our mind and we lose confidence. Reading this board you can frquently see this when the duobters begin to get shaky about their investment if things don't quite go their way. Lack of news, insider selling a bad press report, fear of developmen in new technology ect ect.

Personally I find the degree of manipulation that occurs verges on the illegal in terms of natural law - why should the big guy be able to swing things his way to the disadvantage of the small retail investor. Why don't regulators pounce on what is in fact a deception, dare I say fraudulant trading, since the net effect of their transations equal nothing monetarily.

That may be how I feel at time but as a realist, I know that regulators are pretty weak and that the people who fund political parties and have the ear of politicians are the same guys who are doing the manipulation.

Its the law of the jungle not natural law I'm afraid.

Wow glad I've got that of my chest!

Jan 12, 2014 11:53AM
Jan 12, 2014 11:59AM
Jan 12, 2014 12:08PM

Jan 12, 2014 12:14PM

Jan 12, 2014 02:31PM

Jan 12, 2014 08:36PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply