Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I agree with the sentiments expressed here. We are guessing to some extent and are uncertain of the exact points, in the current market, a 100 nm POET chip can attack. Here are some questions:

1. Can POET be a driect replacement for the current products that Intel, AMD etc. put into the latest laptops, PCs., mobile apllications. How would you attck such markets.?
  2. As the mobile phone industry is vast (imagine there are 8 billion in this world, some 6 billion phones and they are substantially rebought at regular intervals - I've had 3 in 4 years). Can the POET product replace existing silicon products, particularly considering its reduced power consumption (think of battery usage) and its ability to link to IR and other Electromagnetic inputs and outputs (thinks of scanning, camera, lighting, other imaging etc. facilities)?
  3. What military uses are worth considering particulalr as GaAs is reistant to radiation and other EM wavelengths. Will the strategic changes in military expediture that appear to be happening in the Western world have any signiifcant effect?
  4. What equivalent clock speeds does the company estimate for a 100nm POET chip to run at compared with existing Silicon chips?
  5. Are there any company thoughts on 50 nm or other scaling reductions and what limit is there to a POET chip's scaling? What ultimate speeds at these future points?
  6. As there other semconductors available, can we be happy that there is another matrial which has superior qualities to GaAs?

I would also wish to add my contgratulations to the technical team, its leader and the board of diectors who have clearly and substantially improved the company's image, marketability and produced a strategic plan that it is following and which, at least to me, is working smoothly. I simply ask for a longer term strategy and more information on the future of what appears to be a truly disruptive technology. I acknowledge the principle of keeping one's powder dry, but after the GSF, a whole vision would be hugely encouraging.

New Message
Please login to post a reply