Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Guys, Gals, and Ajits Six Degrees of Separation...

In my attempt to see if I could figure out the "6 degrees of separation" (or less) of Ajits career Rolodex file. Heres what I came up with. Sorry for the hodge podge nature. But the bottom line I was trying to attain was that his sphere of influence is probably "huge" ? I did a bit of digging and here is the result, I have also left a few things out for the purposes of brevity (as brief as i could be). The other bottom line here is or has been brought about by the shareholders irritation of all things secret. In doing this research this became very, very apparent as to the norm in the tech industry. So again, the other bottom line, this guy is a one man marketing and sales department, who he knows through his sphere of contact and influence is gargantuan. On top of that he seems to be well respected by the industry and apparently the economics/commerce departments of government have him in high regard as well. You could not have a better man on the job for POET. My writings will be in black and all other references etc will be italicized and in colour for ease of differentiation.

IN THE BEGINNING

Its been my experience that many old colleagues can or will become friends and business connections over time, especially those with extraordinary skill sets and creativity. You watch on the way up the ladder for those worthy of either joining you, co-creating with you and/or accomplishing at other skills you may not have or have developed. Rest assured, Mr. Manocha most likely has an eye for talent and a skill over the years for development of this talent which has ultimately spread through out the industry. So we sifted through every link we could to see what his effect/affect could or would probably be.

Manocha has also worked at AT&T Microelectronics and AT&T Bell Laboratories. [7] Manocha began his career as a Research Scientist and was granted over a dozen U.S. and international patents for several novel inventions in the field of technology for microelectronics, including one for Anistropic etching that is a “process for treating patterned Very-large-scale integration lithographic masks to retain their shape during processing of VLSI wafers”. [8] [9]

en.wikipedia.org

Earlier he was Executive Vice President and Chief Manufacturing Officer at NXP Semiconductors. [6]

NXP SEMICONDUCTORS

In addition, NXP is the global market leader in many other areas, including automotive chips for in-vehicle networking, passive keyless entry and immobilization, and car radios, [12] as well as silicon tuners for the TV and set-top-box market. [13] As of February 2011, NXP had shipped over one billion ARM processor-based chips, and with its LPC microcontrollers, NXP is the only provider of microcontrollers with a roadmap based exclusively on 32-bit ARM architecture. [14] NXP invented the I²C interface over 30 years ago and is the number one supplier of I²C solutions in the world. [15] NXP is also the number one volume supplier of standard logic devices, and celebrated its 50 years in logic (via its history as both Signetics and Philips Semiconductors) in March 2012. [16]

According to CEO Rick Clemmer, key growth areas for NXP include energy-efficient GreenChip technology, wirelessly controlled smart lighting, authentication technology, and solutions for the Smart Home or home automation market. [17] NXP is also involved in sensors for various applications such as automotive, [18] white goods and home appliances, industrial automation, and building automation. NXP currently owns approximately 11,000 issued or pending patents. [19]

http://www.nxp.com/about.html

In September 2006, Philips completed the sale of an 80.1% stake in Philips Semiconductors to a consortium of private equity investors consisting of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), Bain Capital, Silver Lake Partners, Apax Partners, and AlpInvest Partners. [27]

Spansion

At Spansion, Manocha managed global integrated circuit manufacturing, supply chain management and purchasing for its semiconductor division
Spansion was founded in 1993 as a joint venture between AMD and Japan's Fujitsu Ltd. Spansion was formerly known as FASL LLC. [4] Once AMD took control of the company in 2003, it was renamed Spansion LLC in June 2004 [4] and officially spun off as an independent maker of flash memory chips in December 2005 In October 2007 Spansion announced that it was acquiring Israel-based non-volatile memory providerSaifun Semiconductors Ltd. (Nasdaq: SFUN). The companies signed an agreement that consolidated all MirrorBit and NROM IP, design and manufacturing expertise within Spansion. As a result, Spansion expanded IP portfolio and enabled its immediate entry into the technology licensing business. [7] [8] Saifun Semiconductors was founded in 1996 by Boaz Eitan in Netanya, Israel. In March 18, 2008, Saifun Semiconductors Ltd. became a subsidiary of Spansion Inc. [7] [8]

ATIC

Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC) is an investment company in the high-technology sector, [1] owned by Mubadala Development Company, a wholly owned investment vehicle of the Government of Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates.

ATIC wholly owns GlobalFoundries, the world’s second largest semiconductor foundry company by revenue. [2] [3]

It also works to build what they describe as a technology ecosystem in Abu Dhabi, funding over AED 100 million in local R&D activities and supporting educational initiatives that have thus far reached over 1,000 UAE Nationals. [4] [5]

GF

GlobalFoundries (stylized as GLOBALFOUNDRIES) is a semiconductor foundry with its headquarters located in Santa Clara, California. GlobalFoundries was created by the divestiture of the manufacturing arm of Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) on March 2, 2009, and expanded through the acquisition of Chartered Semiconductor on January 13, 2010. The Emirate of Abu Dhabi is the owner of the company through its subsidiary Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC). On March 4, 2012, AMD announced they divested their final 14% stake in the company, which concluded AMD's multi-year plan to divest its manufacturing arm. [3]

The firm manufactures integrated circuits in high volume mostly for semiconductor companies such as AMD, Broadcom, Qualcomm, and STMicroelectronics. It has five 200mm fabrication plants in Singapore, and two 300 mm fabrication plants each in Germany and Singapore, as well as a new 300mm fabrication plant in Malta, Saratoga County, New York in the United States scheduled to begin volume production in 2013. [4]

Sanjay Jha is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of GlobalFoundries. [5]

Ok....so now we have an idea of the magnitude of the mans meanderings. What next and what does it all mean. Latter before former, it means he has either headed or been on the management team of some of the largest companies in our industry and done almost every position short of cafeteria and janitorial ones, and that hes over seen some large employee bases as well. Managed, motivated and moved a staff of thousands so to speak. Hes no shrinking violet.

Next, we take the management teams at each company at the time he was there and extrapolate that.....or give a college try anyway.

Something very interesting in his Linkedin profile......

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=277991934&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=Xx0S&locale=en_US&srchid=1492245371408226928428&srchindex=3&srchtotal=3&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1492245371408226928428%2CVSRPtargetId%3A277991934%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

A "BTW".........

http://www.simmtester.com/page/news/shownews.asp?num=15727

How the Apple contract was won by GlobalFoundries

At about the same time, Ajit Manocha, the CEO of GlobalFoundries, ran into his friend Al Gore, who is also a member of Apple's board of directors. Manocha said GlobalFoundries could help Cook and Apple expand U.S. production.

Employee Counts
(Who knows gone from where to there from his tenure at these companies)

Spansion 6459
AMD 10,600
GF 13,000
NXP 23,660

Names of Note in Ajits 6 Degrees (or less) of Separation

These are the big names we could track, again for brevity purposes there are some names missing that have migrated to important positions in other companies in the industry.

Arthur D Levinson
Ray Bingham
Tim Cook
Rory Read
William Gates
Thomas J Seifert
James A Norling
Ibrahim Ajami
Larry Ellison
Henry W K Chow
Bruce L Claflin
Richard Klemmer
Rick Snyder
Andy D Bryant
Nichoolas M Donofrio
Waleed Mulhairi

So it looks as though his sphere of influence and circle of connectivity are quite impressive. Basically he could pick up the phone to business leaders, world leaders, technology leaders and discuss elements of POET. I fully expected that many of these connections, will be an asset to him and that a chosen few wil assist in the NASDAQ project as well.

Then I ask you.......could there be anyone out there better suited to promote the product of the milleneum ?

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsgs.aspx?subjectid=59501&ms

New Message
Please login to post a reply