Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Good find, Black Toad, that article about valleytronics!

I took one step back and found another article close by describing some properties of tungsten diselenide (WSe2):

Tungsten Diselenide Is New 2-D Optoelectronic Wonder Material

In order to not post the whole article here, let me limit myself to three highlighting quotes:

• However, what is intriguing about WSe2 is that if the researchers brought the material into close proximity with a metal electrode and tuned the voltage on that electrode from positive to negative, then the WSe2 could be switched between p-type and n-type.
  • When the 2-D material is made into LEDs, as the University of Washington researchers have done, it becomes the thinnest-known LED.
  • This could translate to a material that would be put in the windows of buildings, allowing light through but also capable of collecting energy.

I am not aware of Geoff Taylor having dealt with WSe2 yet. However, regarding POET Technologies' R&D I am of course underinformed.

New Message
Please login to post a reply