Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Whist I empathise with Scary’s frustration and want him to benefit from POET particularly with a new addition to his family, I believe that he and we all must know that we are gambling on a Venture, risk strewn, market and that the TSX is a bear baiting pit which will skew the SP which way it wants. That is the cross we have to bare being on the TSX.

Besides, we are reminded of this in everything the company puts out from its Corporate Presentation, Press Releases to the F20 all of which come clearly marked with a health warning that shouts out to us that we should temper over enthusiastic expectation with reality. I don’t think we need anyone on this board whether Aves or Scary to tell us what is patently apparent.

Despite what was promised, this company, particularly at this time, exists in a volatile commercial world and no one can realistically expect things not to change because of commercial interest, where changing specification will delay technical development, or on the business side negotiation for NRE payments and other income are scheduled based on defined results and timings that can change. We were dammned lucky that the hurricanr affecting the East coast did not have a greater effect than it did for example.

Whilst I agree with Scary that there should be some on this board who should be allowed to balance the Pom-Pom effect, which I certainly contribute too, I feel he has no real justification for the diatribe he subjected us to or the suggestion that he and Aves, and the like, (the glums as I call them) are the ones here with a special hold on reality. In fact I would go as far to say that his argument is lacking in reality by suggesting that somehow management could have played things better to get monetisation achieved earlier. He could only conduct that analysis if he was fully aware of all the factors affecting negotiations which he is not, nor is anyone else on this board for that matter, except perhaps Mrs Shepherd, which is why it was correct for her to bow out, she was on dangerous territory. No we are all speculating until facts emerge but my feeling is that there are now clues emerging and rumours that suggest the company can be more accurate in their forecasts because the deals are firmer if not firm but subject to NDA.

Post OPEL management and since the special investigative team was put together to determine how to monetise ODIS IP, I believe that the POET Technologies Inc management have acted with diligence and integrity and I have every faith that they are burning midnight oil in our best interests.

If this board was only to be used for sharing DD it would lack character. The interplay between the Glums and the ‘Pom-Poms’ is part of the personality of this board and I for one love it when people post a good hussah, from time to time, enthused by the prospect of good fortune. For my taste I don’t enjoy, but can put up with, the glum ultra-reality people who are just one side of my ego in any case, but I chose optimism every time.

I go with the truly amazing Eileen Teahon’s perspective on where we are with this company. She is well positioned to know better than most here and very courageous in stating her predictions. They tally with my learned family members early predictions that real result will come to POET in the second half of this year.

Hang on in there scary if you can and give your real treasure in life a big smile from us all.

sulasailor

New Message
Please login to post a reply