Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I didn't get to my computer till 10:30 eastern time, so the stock was already up about .07, and then as I read the news, I couldn't figure why the rise in price, until I saw a slew of posts with the name Tony Blevins. It is difficult to conceive of that being anything other than great news.

So what does AAPL get in return for having "loaned" us Tony Blevins? And how much, if anything, did POET have to give up just to use his name in the release (I guess use of the Apple name was non-negotiable at this point). Still, the speculation here was that AAPL may well have been asked to use the AAPL products in the ad spot. Very interesting.

Apple is not going to lend a fairly high ranking guy to another company unless they are certain that company will not be a source of embarassment to them now or down the line. Of course, there is always a risk, but Apple had to be pretty darn sure that there is much substance in POET's tech, and that it's either at commercialization stage or very close.

As some of you might remember, I have long thought that the share price and the POET potential are an unexplained disconnect, especially with speculation hot and heavy that a deal or big time news was near. Apple is known for their culture of secrecy, so I guess it is possible that this Blevins event was kept very, very quiet. And, apparently, no leaks from the POET side either, again, very impressive.

Has anyone plastered the Blevins portion of this news release on various AAPL message boards yet? I don't see any harm in that, as both AAPL and POET would have anticipated just that happening - and my guess is POET would welcome such exposure, whereas AAPL would just have to tolerate it.

Really, really interesting happenings today, congrats to POET and their management for pulling off this very pleasant surprise!

New Message
Please login to post a reply