Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Poet epitaxial layers - my thoughts re COO comment
Apr 27, 2015 10:14PM
Apr 28, 2015 07:59AM

'Combining Si based IC with lll/V materiel

Dr. Deshmukh commented: "I see tremendous potential with POET Technology's innovative approach to combining Si based IC's with III-V materials based optical components on the same chip that could revolutionize the mobility, telecommunications/networking, large data management, and other technology sectors. I am very excited to be part of the team to drive this innovation into the market."

In my previous post I was totaly barking up the wrong tree.

Rereading the white paper on 'The Optical Interconnection of High Speed Circuits', POET's current solution states the optical interface that a single POET chip provides to connect current CMOS IC. It goes on to describe the many fuctions that the poet solution provides.

Our new COO comments which I had thought related to a changing stance re CMOS products appears to relate to the utility of the POET interface for High Sped Circuits. To focus on this in his initial remarks within the announcement of his appointment to me indicates that this is going to be a key target area for our new COO.

I apologise for being rather thick in my initial thoughts on the subject.

sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply