Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

An interesting day today. Some feel the sky has fallen, some the opposite. Personally I am pleased with the update, although I also feel that the much anticipated pop in the SP has again been delayed. The market appears to be short sighted with POET once again, although if Pinetree dumped a million shares this morning, that might be all there was to the downward pressure. I think the market did not like what is deemed a further delay, although the end of September will arrive shortly. I am glad there was no such statement as something to be pushed until Q1 2016 or something like that. I am also very pleased that the technology seems on track, and that this was not a negative about the technology in the update (I read the update on technology as a positive, and very interesting about the wafers).

In my opinion, I think when Peter made various timeline predictions, it was in part due to a lack of understanding of how long this can take and how complicated it is. I also think that Peter's vision of where the first revenue was coming from is different than what the new team is thinking (they feel it is worth more and can wait). I agree with TheWaitingGame with "going for the home run". I get the impression the bar has been set way higher, maybe go right for POET instead of smaller stuff with PET for the starting point, perhaps anyways. Just the impression I get - the vision has changed and is a lot more ambitious, at the expense of taking longer. Peter was smart enough to know the next phase needed different people, with different skills to lead it, and here they are.

I am sure that the team at POET has a good idea of the performance metrics (previous milestones etc.) and is in no rush to tell the world, they would rather just sign some deals with customers that likely also does not want POET to tell the world at this point. I feel a lot of these "delays" are just buying more time. I have not heard of any of the new staff or Ajit leaving, and they are there for a reason. They are also still using the word disruptive. I also feel that the team is not overly concerned whether the current SP is $1 or $5, they know this means nothing in the long term if they do not execute a great plan, and that is the focus (these are smart people).

Having said all of that, I would prefer the SP was $5 so that I was happier when looking at the numbers in my investment account, but it will happen IMO, just not sure when. For those of you that are forced to sell some shares, I sincerely hope that when the SP pops, you still have plenty of shares left and your only regret is that you could have been super rich instead of only rich. I do understand (and participate) in the frustrations, after all I think it was 2014 that was the Year of Recognition (might have jumped the gun on that one).

Hopefully there will be a lot of positive speculation leading up to the end of September which results in a higher SP, but hard to say for sure. I am also curious what direction this goes tomorrow as I have to admit, I have no idea.

Good luck all!!

New Message
Please login to post a reply