Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

We Are Where We Are

Since June this board has waited for news.The Glooms have been despondent and critical of the management of our Company for not delivering goals on time and proving their thesis (self-fulfilling prophecy) with the evidence of the falling share price and the silence.The Pom-Poms like me have been a bit shaky about things and the something wrongs have contributed to a downward trend where for me it is obvious that some here like it that way in order to play their particular book and influence their particular analysis of buying and selling and the timing of this. They can have their games but it is the magnitude of the Pinetree selling debacle that is principally at the heart of the attack on SP.

As Quan Gorc said in his fine post SP does not really matter to the company at this point, but of course it will do when the run to the NASDAQ is launched, and that day is drawing ever nearer. Yes we measure our net worth in financial value but for me this investment's real value lies in the Genius of GT and the skills of the supporting Management Team and that potential will need TIME to fully mature which is why we are where we are.

The people who are actually running this Company have changed guard.In my experience that is a disruptive event for any company, which eats up time as the new management refocus the company’s goals and realign resources and priorities based on their expertise and perception.Our team’s value comes from hard gained personal experience of a market at the very bleeding edge of a highly complex world of integrated circuits manufacturing and development. Whilst we are all in a rush to make money the approach of our company team needs to be much more discerning about delivering value and the timing of that process.

Yesterday in the Q2 report MD &A gave us a vision that will be revealed in six weeks or so away which far exceeds our expectations and places the two missing milestones in a cocked hat simply because whilst we here were anxiously holding our breath, and unsurprisingly really, our potential customers and partners requirements changed, as perhaps they too gained a greater vision of POET’s potential.

The departed Paul Gagnon warned us that no other company in his experience revealed their future aims as POET has done and warned us that Shareholder perception needs to change in this respect.What has happened in the silent period confirms this.We have to as shareholders become more accepting of the need for secrecy in POET and learn to rely on the standard process of reporting through Quarterly reports, which is curiously the length of time we have been holding our breath.We all have to big up about this and become more realistic of the flexibility needed by ourmanagement to deal with complexity and changing requirements during the ramp up of this disruptive technology..

I guess what I’m trying to say is that this company has grown out of its infancy and the optimistic style of its formative teenage years nder PC has to give way to a new form of maturity.

My trust in the new management’s ability was greatly enhanced by what was delivered yesterday and I am delighted with the prospects for my investment with a company that seems to have a grasp on the realities of delivering value in a very complex and sophisticated market.

Bravo Dr Deshmukh!

sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply