Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Gerem1 has made a point that we have not heard of any customers "being on board". While this may in fact be a true statement I would like to present my simplistic view of the latest round of announcements.

1. The agreement with SilTerra culminated after "months of collaborative effort" which suggests to me that they have already produced (albeit in test runs etc) 'items' which have been incorporated into 'items' provided to Accelink for qualifying
  2. Accelink is currently qualifying these 'items' into their products and, when qualified will/should result in distribution to Accelink customers
  3. So, it occurs to me that despite whatever terminology is used in the Accelink announcement, Accelink is a customer of Poet and Poet's revenue stream will grow (hopefully exponentially) once Accelink is ready to ramp up assuming that SilTerra can meet demand.
  4. It is not likely nor is it reasonable to expect shareholders of Poet to know or expect disclosure of who the end users may be for the products that 'house' a Poet Interposer or whatever.

I will gladly stand corrected but, I think it is fairly safe in saying that Poet will not be distributing to 'end users' so I think we need to understand that our customers are essentially in the 'wholesale' chain and they are our customers.

We may someday learn that large multinationals etc are using products that house Poet IP but we should not be expecting nor insisting that management is failing by not disclosing this information. I would be more disappointed if they announced that level of detail than not for obvious reasons. Besides, that is very likely something that NDA's cover quite thoroughly.

Simplistic view I know and, I stand to be corrected if I have misinterpreted what I see as the distribution chain which is evolving.

Management are marching down the road that has been laid out to shareholders, they are making progress and they are executing. I would challenge anyone, and I mean anyone on this forum to do it any better or any faster than what is currently happening.

respectfully,

Hogan

New Message
Please login to post a reply