Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I have also been following this fairly closely and think there has been a temporary bump up in a position or two on occasion, but agree this is getting pushed further down the list as new items are added at a much faster rate.  In theory, awarded contracts should subtract from the ones under evaluation.  Unfortunately, they seem to be awarding very few (28 in the last 3 months) compared to what is being added.

I have noted some items that were listed "under evaluation" are gone, and now listed under "award of contract".  A few of these were tendered in March-May of this year, and already awarded.

In addition to the GaAs tender on page 54, the original one from March 2017 is still under evaluation as well, further down the list on page 86

Knowing first hand the operational requirements of research oriented laboratories, I am quite puzzled by the length of time SCL's tenders seem to be "under evaluation".  Many items listed are either instrument parts/consumables or general lab suppies which are typically required in a timely matter (weeks/months as opposed to years) otherwise a lab risks significant operational delay or even complete shutdown of (certain) operations. For me, this is hard to explain; it would be somewhat challenging and frustrating to manage a lab under such circumstances.  My initial thought is that there is simply a disconnect between what is being displayed on the tender site, and what is actually happening, but perhaps not.

New Message
Please login to post a reply