Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Given Ajit Monacha's vision for India's future development in the IC industry, the probability that he spoke to key players in India's elite in their burgeoning industry and opened their minds to the possibilities that POET GaAs offered would be high.  The show stopper represented by the 4th terminal issue along with unacceptable cyclic costs of further GaA development  put work on hold  A wise decision but aa disappointing one too. 

The strategic shift to BBs IP makes complete economic sense put does not eliminate the GaAs IP as is being suggested.  The policy is to look for a development partner and India can offer one. Our CEO virtually spelt out the type of partner that would be required and if my memory serves me correctly the words space and BAE similar were uttered.  Having worked in the weapons development arena in the UK MOD, the fact that we are fed no information other than 'veiled speech' is hardly surprising.  Even so procurement by Governments has to be open to a degree.  What little we have seen in the procurement process is the tip of the spear, everything else would be shrouded in Indian National Security which overides our rights as shareholders.  Personally, I found SV's weasle words very telling at the AGM,  in answer to the question 'where do we stand with GaAs' when a straight denial would have been fine - he did not

All smoke and mirrors yes but in battle you'd take a shot at a flash or a puff of smoke in a hedgeline.

Sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply