Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Quan,

I find reading the risk sections of the company papers useful to bring a sense of proportion to the risks rewards of our PTK investment.  Yet like many others here I have invested far too deeply in this company knowingly breaking all the investment rules on the way.  This leads me to believe that many of us here, personality wise, simply have a high tolerance to risk. In my case I find that in life in general that risk is rather stimulating, as some of my sailing adventures and life as a soldier can demonstrate.  As I am still here alive and happy, it’s been rather enjoyable on reflection.  

As regards your uncertainties about OI development success bear in mind that POET needed DenseLight to develop the OI, surely managemnt would not sell DenseLight, or anyone want to buy it unless the OI was complete.  It would not set up, or convince others to join in its centre of technical development expertise unless it had established demonstrable credibility to do so.  In this vein I also ask why and how have they been able to set up development partnerships with significant players in the optoelectronics field without convincing evidence, sthat evidence is an OI that works and works well.  I simply believe in what management are telling us albeit without the comforting detail that we would enjoy.  Given the big reveal down line we simply don’t need to know, a principle of security.

in a nutshell this company is behaving, silence et al, like a company on the verge of a significant declaration that will justify the wild risk we took in high risk venture capital investment.  Sometimes it actually works. If it doesn’t may I suggest we do the Las Vegas thing anyway and laugh at how wonderfully foolish we all are. Life goes on.

Finally, GaAs will be done in my view it still holds the potential we all imagined, what could not be done was simply unaffordable for a cash strapped hi tech development start up.  Wise management manouevering in my view.  No plan survives the first contact with the enemy.

sula

New Message
Please login to post a reply