Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Good morning Shash

Also worth mentioning is something Small Potatoe posted in the off topic board from the recent 24 hour World Photonics Tour. Around the 40 minute mark the presenter from Cisco talks about the integration of Co-Packaged Optics with 400G optical interfaces that will be interoperable with pluggable modules. My interpretation is this is something they are working on and will be available soon.

Now I don't know if Cisco is the Tier 1 partner or not. Whoever it is they are big and Poet is not(yet).But to have Poet in a NDA and to be completely silenced means they are very serious about its possibilities. How much money has the Tier 1 invested in this venture so far? 5 to 10 million? I don't know the exact amount. Small in comparison for a billion dollar company. My point being whoever it is sees huge potetional.

If you also notice on the video a customer of Cisco named Accton has a product coming out shortly. Around the 38 minute mark. Accton announces a prototype press release May 2020. My point to this is not a Poet connection but hopefully a similar announcement from Poet or our Tier 1 once we hit the Prototype qualification stage. Which again my (guess) would be around September. We'll see.

Again just my opinion. Please do your own DD

https://youtu.be/aiUSlfxP1z0

New Message
Please login to post a reply