Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Just managed to listen to the recordings (thanks Rainer!).  I was really impressed with todays presentation, management touched on all of the bases, explained things extremely well, and did a pretty good job of addressing questions/concerns during Q/A.  In particular, I thought Suresh did an excellent job of explaining the difference between technology development (where we were) and product development (where we are are now).  That project milestones will now be more easily defined and relayed to investors on a more consistent and reliable basis should be welcome news to all. 

Many other highlights, but one in particular for me was Vivek on Sanan IC

“I was astonished at the scale they have....Sanan IC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sanan Optoelectronic.  Its the worlds largest producer of semiconductor wafers.  So all of you I believe would know about TSMC as a leader in silicon wafers and silicon processes.  Sanan is comparable to TSMC in the compound semiconductor world, producing GaAs and what we call III-V semiconductor wafers.  They are producing 20 million 8” wafers per year and have installed in their facilities 400 MOCVD reactors to make these wafers.  So, a scale that really changes the game.  Also, this joint venture is valued at the initial valuation of $50M, so partnering with a leading optical company like Sanan IC who’s investing and giving this valuation provides credence and endorsement of POET’s optical interposer platform.  They recognize that this optical platform is a game changer in the optical interconnect industry”

Based on Vivek’s comments, I believe the market truly underestimated the importance and value of the LOI and proposed JV with Sanan, and equally convinced the company fully expected the announcement to drive the SP into warrant territory.  TM’s comment about not being able to predict what the market will do says it all.  Hopefully the market will start to figure things out!

Moving forward, next up is the LD500 investor event next Thursday at 9:20 AM (EST):

https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/2019/36413

https://ld500.ldmicro.com

New Message
Please login to post a reply