Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I follow this board regularly but don’t post often. Like many of you here, I’ve held a significant investment in POET Technologies for a number of years because I strongly believe in the company. I would first like to thank those that do contribute regularly to this forum, as I usually find it very informative and helpful, especially in helping me better understand the specifics of the technology.  

While I appreciated the update provided at this week’s AGM, I was disappointed by, what I felt, was a lack of specifics on how management plans to increase current shareholder value. They acknowledged that they need to do a better job of updating shareholders, but for me, it’s more than just that.  When you reflect on how far POET has come in developing and de-risking this technology, it’s disappointing to see how little the share value has grown. I understand the games currently being played by some opportunists because of previous horrendous financing terms but current management should have effective strategies in place to counteract their impact. 

We were told that we have at least four new products currently being developed, with the strong potential of many more to come.  I understand the need for confidentiality and why the current Tier 1 customer will likely never be disclosed directly by POET management… but maybe this is a big part of the problem.  How does management generate shareholder value if all of the specifics and details of our accomplishments must be kept secret to protect our customers? 

Saying that it is only a matter of time before the market realizes POET’s potential value is too vague and a disservice to all us currently vested, both shareholders and management alike. A specific strategy must be implemented and executed quickly.  I’m terrified how much we could lose in the event of a takeover at today’s values. I’m not suggesting that we are about to be taken over or that management doesn’t have a strategy to increase current shareholder value, but the specific path forward is not clear to me at this stage.  I asked this question at the AGM but did not receive a response. 

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on this; what you feel needs to be done, or if you feel I’m missing something.  Thanks for letting me vent a little.  Don’t get me wrong, I do believe in this technology or else I wouldn’t still be here. I will now return to the sidelines and look forward to reading your thoughts.

New Message
Please login to post a reply