Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: POET Technologies Announces Entry into Telecom Market with 100G LR4 (Long Reach) Optical Engines

I'm not so great on the tech but I've been following along for many years.

This is a quite from the Cisco article

So that’s the sequence of events in a nutshell. As for what’s so great about 100G LR from the network operator perspective: Like all Single-Lambda 100G optics, 100G LR offers seamless migration to 400G. And in a few years, 100G LR modules should be feasible in the next generation form factor for 100G pluggables, the SFP112. It should be as small as 1G SFP, 10G SFP+, and 25G SFP28, providing even higher faceplate density than QSFP28. Also, a key benefit of Single-Lambda 100G optics is manufacturability.

I think POETS products allow for seamless migration to 400g and above and they also have a smaller size, and easier manufacturing. So essentially we tick all the boxes. 

Just my 2 cents at quick glance. I'm sure ITTR et al can do a better job.

Nice to see some green. Sad I didn't buy more at thos low stupidly low prices. Almost...

GG

New Message
Please login to post a reply