Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

The multitude of trades going through in 100 share lots from Morgan Stanley, CIBC, Cormark and others I think indicates that these are trades done via Brokerage house algorithms. Also have noted that between a lot of the trades there are regular one or two minute gaps, or more.- but often extremely regular in timing.

Normal client trades go through at one time and are not spaced out.,with gaps between.

Do not know if these are actual customer orders or brokerage houses trading for their own account. They see an opportunity to make easy money because of the volatility of the Poet stock movement on a daily basis.

Also I suspect they are also shorting the stock.. for example when they see a delay in the financing closing..and will cover when the stock starts moving up. This may explain the upward surge in price a few days ago when an announcement on 15/16 Jan was expected to say the offering was sold out and 100% filled. It was not . So at least part of the volume on the downside may have been the brokerage houses, or others, shorting the stock,knowing it was going to drop, in addition to those selling  part of their stock so that they could participate in the offering, which was still open .

All the above is pure conjecture and would appreciate if others with more direct knowledge could make comment, as to whether this idea has any validity. 

Hoping for the day when this stock finally takes flight (never to drop again) ,with actual orders in the bag, and puts us all in a winning situation, as opposed to now where each and every shareholder is probably looking at a heavy capital loss.

Suresh says this is an exciting time for the company. For just once I would like to see these positive statements actually fulfilled by reality, which means a recovery to a price level where Institutions are able and unafraid to invest in this company.

New Message
Please login to post a reply