Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Ok to use that oldgreg, that's me on Reddit. 

First, thanks for accurately characterizing the language, it was confirmed by the company in August of last year that "POET is supplying light sources for CAI’s first generation and that it will be a component to the Photonic Fabric". 

There may have been some conflating of Zacks reports from April and November 2023. April report posted here as Fj noted cites the $800 million number, and other posts seem to hang on that as a faulty premise. 

https://poet-technologies.com/blog/2023-apr-25.html#:~:text=In%20a%20Zacks%20research%20report,planning%20to%20sell%20contains%20POET.”

However, there has been a pivot by CAI from emphasis on the Orion accelerator to the Photonic Fabric. There is virtually no mention of Orion anymore. How does that impact POET's role? It would be nice to know the impact if any, but we do know that StarLight is a "component to" the photonic fabric, but not the extent. 

My impression is the "component to" represents StarLight as an external light source attached to versus integrated in the fabric. Maybe the company could clarify.

Downside of that may mean that other light sources could be used to power the fabric if a company has a different supplier they want to use, or like components on an interposer companies may opt to swap out, or POET might want to upgrade (ie, higher quality lasers etc). 

Upside is that StarLight might evolve to include additional features or improved metrics and could be more easily swapped out if desired. That they are already working on additional design for CAI is a positive. 

I think the focus on CAI for now should not be in a figure thrown out in an older analyst report and just on the fact that SL will be used by CAI. I believe as a "component to" means it's viewed more as ancillary to the fabric and may not get mention by CAI. That doesn't change its potential, but it's up to POET to beat that drum. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply