Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: Supercharging AI infrastructure: Celestial AI’s David Lazovsky

There has been no change in the status with CAI. I have asked and basically told to look at the news releases. Since that time POET has confirmed that CAI remains a customer.  I guess I should have made that clear. I expect POET will ultimately be  supplying CAI's competition.

It is interesting to me that POET has performed R&D on actual photonic memory, not just addressed the memory wall. I think they are expanding their capabilities in a number of areas and will continue doing so. It is called investing in the future because there is so many applications that remain to be looked at. That is the nature of Suresh. He is always looking ahead. And each of those applications has a time and place.

There are a lot of tools in that tool box when they are required to be deployed. Who would have believed they were working with 2 major companies that have recently developed a 200G ELM laser.

It still gets me going when I recall the discussions that took place with David L at the Toronto AGM. Remember his quote about the flood gates opening? That was David not Suresh that made that quote. He knows how good the POET platform is and I believe that he knows that others may adopt the full blown POET Optical Interposer Platform.

And think back...POET announced that they were going to provide a light source such that all Silicon Photonics players could benefit rather than commit to the full Optical Interposer platform.

CAI is committed but others may well go with the complete package after seeing how quick and cost effective it is. 200G Lambda in 5 months on a first pass at minimal cost.

It is frustrating/painful for me to know this and see the share price languish the way it is.

This story I think is going to get a lot more interesting for us and hopefully we will get our just rewards for hanging in.

New Message
Please login to post a reply