Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Thanks Hogan.  Perhaps it isn't as complicated as we may suggest, but it's not clear to me and that is the reason I ask others for clarification.

To summarize your comments:

SPX operates independently as a joint venture, and its financial results are not included in POET’s consolidated reports. Instead, POET records gains or losses based on its share of SPX's performance and its contribution to the joint venture. As of December 31, 2023, and June 30, 2024, POET's investment in SPX was valued at zero due to SPX’s losses surpassing the investment’s carrying value. However, POET has recognized a $5,366,294 gain from its intellectual property contribution to SPX, as per IAS 28.

---------

I understand this, but if SPX "procures" optical engines from POET then it seems logical to me that there would be resulting revenue to POET which would be reported.  Unless, perhaps, the $5,366,294 gain from it's "intellectual property" contribution is the revenue from OE sales to SPX.  That is not clear to me.  There's a difference between intellectual property contribution and revenue from sales of optical engines.  

Perhaps I need more coffee.  

I apologize if I am the only person on this board who doesn't clearly understand, and I appreciate any input that might further clarify this.

New Message
Please login to post a reply