Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

https://opticalconnectionsnews.com/2018/04/poet-silterra-optical-interposer-tie/

This is a question that some others here may need help with; I know I do.

Silterra makes wafers for POET in Malaysia, per the above link, from a 2018 article.

Sanan, a wafer maker, has created SPX with POET to do further work. I know there is much to do after an 8" wafer is made, though it is quite a feat in and of itself. It has many features that make the optical interposer special, including waveguides, TSVs, and mounting spots (forgive my lapse; there is a term that escapes me). From this completed wafer, it is unclear to me what happens next.

I assume that SPX then dices the wafer into chips, after having processed it by adding other components? Or does SPX get wafers from Sanan, not Silterra?

This article is 6 years old, regarding Silterra, pre-dating the SPX deal. I expect that POET does not let the full instruction set for making its interposer loose to any mainland Chinese company, is that right?

After SPX or some new China+1 partner finishes the OI into its final form as a chip, it goes to Luxshare, Foxconn, CAI, or another to be made into part of a package on a board or into a module with a smaller board to be part of a finished product.

Please correct and add to the above. I suspect I am not the only one here who would like to understand this. 

Aug 23, 2024 02:50PM
Aug 23, 2024 05:49PM
Aug 23, 2024 07:55PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply