Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Thanks, FJ. 

Yes back in 2020 their technology was certainly immature. I recall during 2019 or 2020 they were still working on preliminary device designs for 50G lanes. Then with how quick the industry was moving, they needed to get to 100G and then even more recently had to work extremely hard to get to 200G. The 400G/lane device is not a near term commercialization prospect, just proof of future-proofing. Maybe 2 years from now the first implementations will happen. 

That development was only a small part of the equation. More importantly was reliabilty, consistency, and mass manufacturability. That is complete now. 

While I clearly tend to get defensive whenever you take stabs at LWLG and make comparisons...I do acknowledge and respect that POET and LWLG both have had similar paths of development - doing their best to develop revolutionary technology on small budgets in a rapidly changing environment. 

POET is finally "there" and there is no more doubt that the technology works well enough to be adopted by others. LWLG is not "there"...yet. 

To ensure the "there" for POET is valuable to shareholders, 800G engine revenue MUST go to POET's bank accounts and not SPX (or another JV). That is quite literally the difference between this being a relatively small business selling modules and competing against itself with SPX OE customers or a $1+ billion business selling 800G OEs to everyone and some modules. In my (humble, CM) opinion, POET-branded module sales will be a smaller business than 800G engines. 

Enjoy the weekend, all. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply