Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

The thing is POET is playing in a huge market with huge players. At any time an announcement could be made that leaves no doubt in anyone's mind that POET’s platform is going to be a dominant force in that market. 

Baba, I recognize the point you made yesterday re thoughts that "this market promises to be so big and lucrative that investors figure the bigger companies will dominate the market to the exclusion of the smaller ones."

Indeed they are trying and one of those companies who have tried hard to copy POET is in the running for “Most Innovative Product: Most Innovative Pluggable Transceiver/Co-Packaged Module Award Shortlist”. 

I am watching closely to see who wins that category because POET being the first has had the time required to fine tune those capabilities supported by patents. It will also mean that POET’s platform will become more of a target technology by big companies that need POET to compete. Those needs are already being recognized by  Luxshare and Foxconn. POET continues to have the technical advantage in coupling and transmission efficiencies as well as diverse capabilities that Suresh speaks of. It is a capability that has produced mind-blowing opportunities (not my words). 

Marvell

Marvell® COLORZ® 800 family

Coherent

High Transmitter Optical Output Power, L-Band 800G coherent pluggable DCO module in QSFP DD form factor

Intel Corporation

Intel OCI optical I/O chiplet

New Message
Please login to post a reply